Known for his “Never give-up attitude”, exceptional workmanship, analytical skills and top business acumen: Nitin Shah, Chairman & Md
Albert Einstein had once said “try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value”. Established by a man of values, Nitin Shah in 1984, Allied Digital once called as Digital Data Services started triggering its tech waves. The 31 year old company maintains a square differentiating factor, first and foremost Allied digital is a tech savvy company, which is very much required for today’s generation. The second factor is that the company believes in business transformation. The third differentiating factor is that the company not only delivers the operational needs of the clients, but also identifies the areas of improvements to support long term developments. The last and yet the main differentiating factor is that the company’s service offerings are very customer focused and flexible in nature. Allied Digital doesn’t hesitate to take larger risks, as a whole the company is large enough to deliver and small enough to care. The company has an exquisite capability of serving any type of company, sizing from large to small, it maintains a very large spectrum of offerings immaterial of the size. The diversified offering is what the company is very proud of.
Established himself as a truly transformational leader, Nitin have the ability to preempt the shift in the industry with his knowledge and foresight. Since Allied Digital’s inception Nitin has been a commercial innovator, cultural inspiration and entrepreneurial icon. His passionate perfectionism, enthusiastic commitment, piercing dedication and vision is embedded in the DNA of Allied Digital Services today. A degree holder in Electrical Engineering (B.E) from VeermataJijabai Technological Institute (VJTI) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Management (PGDCM) from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), India, Nitin did his Post Graduate in Executive Management from Insead Business School, Fontainebleau, France. Apart from his professional endeavors, Nitin Formed Padma Pragna Trust in the year 2009-2010, an initiative to share and provide necessary support in the form of expertise, consulting, monetary incentives etc. for social initiatives.
Under the swordsmanship of Nitin Shah, the current CEO Paresh Shah is carrying the responsibility of business transformation, having a whopping 27 year of experience in IT, Paresh graduated from Mumbai University in Electronic Engineering and later on moved to US to pursue masters in computer science and continued to work there. His exposure in the competitive business environment helps him bring strong expertise in Business Transformation, Enterprise Solutions Architecture, New Business Development, Software Delivery, Consulting and Innovation. Each of the attributes, helping
Allied Digitals to soar higher and achieve greater horizons.
Leveraging the expertise of the industry leader in the safe city and systems integration business of Mr. Jawahar Ali (CEO of ISG-AdInsight division of Allied Digital) at the end of 2013, Allied Digital won the prestigious first large-scale integrated safe city project of pune city surveillance. The CEOs and team did a path-breaking job in completing this mission critical project in mid 2015. Streamlining the Indian business operations along with UK and US business operations was nothing but “mission impossible” yet Paresh and global team managed to bring everything on track, which these were immense experience for them. Apart from his busy work schedule, Paresh has managed to show his technical literature skills, some of his popular published outcomes are “Keep it Simple” and “Allied Digital- The Architect of digital transformation”
It is almost impossible to sail a ship out of a hurricane, but Nitin and team did it!!
In the words of Winston S. Churchill, “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” It is very true that the company has grown in a tremenderous manner from just 2 people to 2000 people. But the path of success was not a smooth one, Nitin and the company faced many hurdles to bring the company to a reasonable success level. Since the company’s inception, it has tailored its offerings in a parallel way with the ever changing technology. The company stock got oversubscribed whopping 69 times to get listed in BSE and NSE in 2007 and was at the peak in 2010 with revenue over 500 crores. And also started to acquire companies and expand globally. The global economy and local condition started to change as a result the company saw a decline units in its top line revenue. The company started to look inwards & retrospect itself and also decided to undergo transformation. Along with the CEO, Nitin embarked upon taking major changes globally which included cutting down of traditional low profit businesses, making top level management changes and tightening the Governance. The company took major steps into bringing out new offerings and diving into new area of business such as ‘Safe City Solutions’ which was very innovative. “Though the decisions were tough, it was a short pain, long gain strategy”
Said Nitin Shah.
Believing in Business Transformation and Customer Centered Business Model
To assist the company’s core caliber which is “Business Transformation”, Nitin along Paresh and his enthusiastic team developed six sided cube service offerings that can structurally rebuild any unstructured business operation, the services include
ADiInsight- MSI (Master System Integrator) – Allied Digital integrates systems, sub systems and develops integration software. Allied takes up project dimensions like Smart City, Safe City that leverage cutting edge sensor based technologies and deploy massive IT infrastructure. These are large implementation plus long term support contract projects.
ADiInfra- Remote Enterprise Managed Services- This offering is the DNA of the company for global customers. The service includes enterprise Network, Server, Storage, and Security management. The offering is an offshore model topped with local hypercare services to bring tremendous savings in cost and added value to the customers.
ADiUser- End User Experience- This offering deals with deploying and supporting to end users services and solutions that enhance today’s end user productivity and allieviate CIO ‘s biggest pain, reliability and just-in-time support. This constitutes Global Service Desk, Field Support, Mobility Management and End User Analytics. A cloud based virtual workspace solution is innovative concept today.
ADiTaaS- An ITIL based IT service management software platform that orchestrates incidents, change, problem, configuration management of all assets. A comprehensive cloud based offering simplifies IT service management and provisions automation of enterprise operational processes.
ADiApps- Application Development- Mobile applications, Transformation Projects and Process automation and Business Analytics Solutions in BFSI. These are turnkey projects leveraging new programming tools and agile Methodologies.
ADiCloud- Cloud Navigator Role – Ready Cloud-enabled services. Application migration to Public Cloud, Infrastructure Transformation Envisioning short-term goal until 2018 Allied digital categorized its future focus areas into three simple dimensions, namely Accelerator, Big Drivers and New Initiatives. Where in Acceleration, the company wants to extend its NOC services, expand global services, improve end user experience, expand ADiTaaS software projects and improve mobility solutions. Then in Big Drivers, the company wants to work on more safe city projects, improve its cloud based managed security and support Digital India. At last, under New Initiatives, Allied Digital aims to enter IoT Projects, analytics –BFSI and Digital Business.
Carrying deep domain expertise
Allied Digital caters its services to all key industry sectors. To specify, it works with Airlines, Retail and Healthcare and Government sector too. Widely known as “Partner in Crises”, Allied Digital is ever ready to tailor its services with the customer requirements. Providing an exquisite support for its clients, the company managed to gain very high client retention rate working for more than a decade with the clients.
“3 years back after trying a couple of vendors we shifted all our IT Infrastructure Management Services to Allied Digital Services Ltd (ADSL).This has helped us to achieve our IT goals in centralizing, consolidating and standardizing It environment to a great extent. It was a great decision taken” – CISO – Leading Garment Manufacturer
And the Award goes to… Allied Digital!!
Under the captainship of Nitin Shah, Allied Digital was nominated for many recognition awards and won many, which includes:
- Received the “Brand Excellence Award” in the IT/ITES Sector by ABP News.
- Received the “Most Trusted Brand – 2015 in India” Award by IBC Info media Corporation, USA.
- Received Award at the e INDIA, India’s premier ICT event, Maharashtra for the “Pune City Surveillance” Project.
- Received Award in the Gold Category, for the “Best IT Infrastructure Company of India” by the Indian Express Group of Newspapers.
- Recognition received as the “20 Fastest Growing IT Services Company” by the Silicon Review magazine.
- Best under a Billion Dollar Company- Forbes
- Special Recognition Award 2012 ‘Spirit of Partnership’ – Dell
- Critical Difference Partner Award 2012 – CRN
- BEST VAR 2013 AWARD’- VAR India
- ‘Top Solutions Provider’ and ‘Solution Champ – Managed Security Services’ by DQ Channels
- MSP of the Year 2012 Award– LANDesk Software USA.
- Received Certificate of Excellence for smart innovation-India Inc Innovative 100
- Maharashtra Information Technology Award 2012: IT Infrastructure (Data Centers) – Directorate of Industries (Government of India).
Laurels at Nitin’s cap
- Recipient of the “International Professional of the Year” Award (2005).
- Honored with “Udyog Ratna Award” by Institute of Economic Studies (IES) in 2007.
- “Best Business Leader” for the year 2011 by ITPV
- Recognized by Enterprise Asia for the Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Award as the “Most Outstanding Entrepreneur, 2011 for building a high-flying IT company without taking his feet off the ground”.
- Entrepreneur of the year 2015 in services-security awarded by Franchise India.
- International Excellence award 2015 for being an outstanding entrepreneur was awarded by Institute of Economic Studies (IES).
- Under his leadership the Company won the Award “Forbes Best Under a Billion Dollar Company” for the years 2008, 2009, 2010 respectively.
- Founder, Chairman & Managing Director of “Allied Digital Services Ltd”.
- Board of Directors – “Digicomp Complete Solutions Pvt Ltd”.
- Member –“Manufacturers Association for Information Technology”.
- Member –“Trade Association of Information Technology”.
- Member -Business Experts panel of “Indian Express Ltd”.
- Member -Advisory committee at “Intel” for certification in 1998.
- Featured as Mr. Modesty in the spirit of entrepreneurship a Coffee Table Book by “Bennett, Coleman and Company Limited (BCCL)”.
- Recognized as the Big Daddy of Channels by DQ Channel.
- Under his leadership, the Company spread its wings across 195 geographical locations.
- Included in the “Who’s Who of the World” list for the year 2004.
- Recognized as the Big Daddy of Channels by DQ Channel.
“We will operate as a technology driven global organization committed to customer needs, devoted to building lasting partnerships and acting with integrity, honesty and a spirit of co-operation with customers, suppliers and employees”.