We are one of India's leading and fast growing healthcare retail companies, driven by a single minded goal of making healthcare delivery more customer centric. Our pharmacies offer a wide selection of genuine medicines, stored under appropriate storage conditions, at best market prices.
Our networked stores enable you to choose not only from what’s on offer in the store you visit but also from the extended range available at our warehouse. You can access our products, your bills and all your health records through our online store, MedPlusMart.com, or on your mobile through the MedPlus App. We also offer accurate and reliable diagnostic testing through Medplus Lab and a great selection of optical products through MedPlusLens.
Welcome to MedPlus
As we grew, so did our vision. MedPlus now wants to be the first call for routine healthcare. We have launched state-of-the-art diagnostic lab services which can aid in the prevention, detection, or management of a wide range of illnesses. We also started clinic services, to help reduce the pain of finding a good doctor. We call these services our "Community Care"initiative. You'll simply call it convenient.
MedPlus is the second largest pharmacy chain in India. It operates 1439 stores out of which 1289 are company owned, 119 are franchisee owned and 49 are hospital based pharmacies spread across 11 states and about 150 towns and cities in India. MedPlus sells prescription and OTC medicines, FMCG products, vitamins and other nutrition supplements, and opticals. It also offers clinical laboratory services and physician consultation services in Hyderabad, Vijayawada and Bengaluru, India. The company owns and runs ePharmacy and an online clinical lab service. MedPlus employs more than 10,000 employees on its rolls.
Eliminating the gaps in quality and coverage of healthcare
MedPlus was founded in 2006 by Dr. Madhukar Gangadi, a Wharton and Kurnool Medical College alumnus. The company's first store was launched at Tilak Nagar, Hyderabad in February. Initially operating under the Aushadhi brand name, it was rebranded as MedPlus after the opening of the first 48 stores.
The company opened pharmacies in the western states of Gujarat and Rajasthan in 2007, but had to shut down and exit operations due to recurring losses. It re-launched stores in Ahmedabad, Gujarat in 2014. MedPlus started selling private label products in 2010 under brand names EatRite for Food products, and Avelia and Urbania for personal care products. It also introduced a loyalty programme.
The Company provides Omni-channel access to its customers for its services via online, mobile, voice and physical retail fronts through a combination of its stores and the ePharmacy store. It also offers home based clinical lab services through a portal and prescription and non prescription glasses and other optical products through its optical business subsidiary.
When Dr. Madhukar Gangadi came across a WHO report indicating that up to 30% of the fake medicines sold across the world came from India, he decided to study the Indian pharma retail market and sensed an opportunity to make a difference. He envisioned a company that would source all its medicines from reliable, big name suppliers, store medicines in optimal conditions to ensure their efficacy and take the risk out of buying medicines, give customers convenience to buy their medicines and value for their money. The result was MedPlus.
After the opening of the first MedPlus pharmacy store in Hyderabad, the company, over the last decade, has grown into the second largest pharmacy retail chain in the country with over 1400+ pharmacies throughout India. Medplus today serves over 2,50,000 customers daily and employs over 10,000 people. Our online pharmacy & general store, MedPlusMart.com, launched in 2015 has quickly grown to become the biggest e-Pharmacy in the country today. Through MedPlusMart, customers can buy medicines, OTC products, FMCG and nutrition products from the convenience of their homes or through mobile, read important information about medicines, store their health records, view their prescription history and redeem rewards.
Values and vision for better healthcare delivery
Our Vision is to be the first choice of customers for their health and wellness needs by consistently understanding and exceeding their expectations.
- Customer centricity: We want to build loyalty by adapting to and satisfying our customers' needs.
- Honesty & Fairness: We value transparency in all our interactions and treating everyone fairly.
- Team Work: We believe in lending each other a hand for the good of all.
- Innovation: We value innovations that enhance quality of service delivery.
- Commitment to equality: We respect the dignity and potential of every individual and treat everyone equally regardless of caste or creed.
We stand for Quality, Convenience and Value
Our services are guided by three themes – Quality, Convenience, and Value.
- Quality: We source all our products directly from reputed manufacturers or their authorized representatives. We ensure they are stored and transported properly in optimal containers and conditions. We record their movement from source to destination to ensure transparency and traceability. Stringent quality standards for procurement and storage ensure that our products are 100% genuine and efficacious.
- Convenience: We are often located within a walking distance of most residential neighborhoods. We provide our customers several options to shop with us, be it online, mobile, call centre or a physical store. Through our online interface, it is easy to place orders and to manage your health records and prescriptions online. Our comprehensive order management system supports tracking and accountability at the user and order level. With same day delivery, multiple and secure payment options, and a worry free returns policy we are committed to provide you an unparalleled experience.
- Value: We aim to conduct business in a way that's sustainable for our organization and our customers. We leverage our scale to offer the best price to our customers. Our industry leading rewards programme offers unparalleled value for money and unmatched savings to our customers.
- MedPlus Pharmacy was started with the express purpose of making it safer, convenient & affordable for consumers to purchase medicines. We do this by sourcing and selling only reputable medicines from the most trusted manufacturers and their direct authorized representatives. We maintain a proper cold chain and equip our shops with air conditioners and refrigeration units to ensure that your medicines stay factory-fresh and work as expected. We employ trained and experienced pharmacists who will ensure the right medication is dispensed and are able to answer your queries appropriately.
It is not only safer to shop at MedPlus, it is also cheaper. We pioneered the concept of value retailing in pharmacies. We sell most medicines and FMCG goods at a discount on MRP. FlexiRewards, our one-of-a-kind rewards programme, provides you the opportunity to accrue points for purchases across various MedPlus businesses, and exchange the points for everyday household items like soaps, shampoos, and cleaners or kitchen and luggage items translating into significantly higher discounts.
We have a presence in over 1400+ localities across 12 states, so regardless of where you live you can visit a MedPlus store near you today to experience the difference firsthand (Store Locator). We offer free home delivery in several of the locations where our store is present. Contact your nearest MedPlus pharmacy for details.
- MedPlusMart is the online gateway to your favourite medical and general store. At www.medplusmart.com you can order the products you regularly buy from our stores from the convenience of home and have them delivered to your home or pick them up conveniently from a MedPlus store near you. The selection includes a complete range of prescription & OTC medicines and a wide selection of FMCG, general and nutrition products.
At www.medplusmart.com, you can also view or take prints of all your previous MedPlus bills, and conveniently reorder the products you bought earlier. Regardless of how you shop at MedPlus, be assured that we will continue to offer you high quality and genuine products, stored and handled in optimal conditions at attractive discounts. MedPlus has always been and will continue to be your one-stop shop for all your medicines and general product needs, now with the added convenience of shopping from home at the click of a button.
- Sometimes the best way to know what’s going on with your body is to know what’s going on inside your body. That’s whereMedPlus Pathlabs comes in. We offer state-of-the-art lab testing so that you can prevent, detect, or manage disease. We collect your lab sample and deliver the report at your home or at many of our pharmacy locations as well as at any of our clinics. You can conveniently make an appointment for collection at www.medpluslab.com. When we receive your sample, we immediately get to work on processing it so that you can get your result fast. We have a stringent quality assurance process and we utilise advanced fully automated equipment to ensure that your results are accurate – always.
- MedPlusLens is a complete optical store with a wide choice of frames, prescription glasses, sun glasses and contact lenses at highly affordable prices. Our optical stores are often co-located with our pharmacies in selected localities or you can shop with us online from anywhere at www.medpluslens.com.
- RiteCure is a leading distributor of medical and surgical supplies to hospitals, pharmacies and other healthcare providers and hospital pharmacy management service. RiteCure presents a comprehensive offering of pharmaceuticals, medical and surgical consumables to hospitals and other healthcare providers encompassing out-patient (OP), in-patient (IP) and operation-theater (OT) services. RiteCure improves efficiency and profitability by aligning the needs of hospitals, nursing homes, doctors, pharmacies and drug manufacturers. Hospitals and nursing homes benefit from unparalleled cost savings and a streamlined purchasing process. Drug & surgical manufacturers are afforded the ability to reduce sales, marketing and inventory carrying costs.
Knowing the thought leaders
Dr. Madhukar Gangadi, Founder, Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Gangadi is responsible for the overall strategic direction of MedPlus and its key relationships with shareholders, partners, suppliers and customers.
Dr. Gangadi has an MBBS from Kurnool Medical College and a MBA from the Wharton School of Business. As both a medical doctor and successful entrepreneur, Dr. Gangadi brings experience and knowledge of the healthcare business to MedPlus.
Dr. Bhaskar Reddy Cherukupalli, Chief Operating Officer
Dr. Reddy is responsible for the pharmacy store operations strategy, performance, expansion, design and implementation of policies & procedures and employee training, recruitment, and retention.
Dr. Surendra Mantena, Chief Operating Officer (MedPlus Mart & MedPlus Lab)
Dr. Mantena oversees marketing, strategy, e-commerce, lab and B2B operations at MedPlus.
“We have come far but will continue to strive to improve ourselves everyday and aspire to be India's favourite healthcare provider with the highest standards of service excellence.”