Virtela, an NTT Communications Company, is the smart alternative for enterprise networking and virtualized IT services. We deliver award-winning services via our Virtualized Overlay Network and Virtela Enterprise Services Cloud (ESC) platform, with Local Cloud Centers (LCCs) strategically located around the world. This eliminates the complexity and expense of having multiple networking devices at each customer branch office.
By enabling the transition of branch office IT services to the cloud, Virtela gives enterprises the benefit of an“asset-light” software-defined networking model that delivers 80% cost savings in upfront capital and 30% savings in ongoing operating expenses.
Accelerating your business worldwide
- Virtualized Overlay Networking: integrates 1,000+ local and regional network providers, giving you greater flexibility, resiliency, and geographic reach than any traditional network provider
- Virtela ESC: the only global cloud purpose-built for enterprise networking, security and mobility; virtualizes IT services to enable asset-light branch offices, rapid service activation and lower costs
- Software Defined Networking: provides a complete cloud framework to automatically activate and configure virtualized IT cloud services for branch offices worldwide
- Predictive Network Analytics: proactively detects and resolves over 95% of potential issues to reduce downtime by 5x and cut operational costs by an average of 30%
- Network Optimization Platform: optimizes network selection and design to deliver more choices, better coverage, and lower costs in 1 million cities worldwide
- VirtelaView Customer Portal: gives you real-time visibility and control of all Virtela-provided services through a single view
Virtela offers the full lifecycle of design, delivery, and ongoing management, with an extensive services suite including managed networks, remote access, security, application acceleration, mobile device management and IT infrastructure management.
Services to deliver better end-user experience
- Managed cloud-based application acceleration: As enterprises become more distributed, end-users run more applications, and applications move to the cloud, IT managers face the challenge of slow response times, user dissatisfaction and degrading business productivity. Virtela’s industry-first Cloud Application Acceleration Service enables enterprises to boost application performance up to 25 times faster without upfront capex.Virtela also offers managed appliance-based, software-based and hybrid solutions, giving enterprises the flexibility to choose the best service option per location as part of a fully integrated solution
- IP VPN: Virtela’s virtualized overlay network integrates 1,000+ local and regional network providers to deliver you greater IP VPN performance, resiliency and reach to 1 million cities worldwide.
The platform offers seamless convergence between Internet and MPLS technologies, with six classes of service maintained end to end regardless of the underlying network provider. An array of access types offers you unmatched design flexibility, with connection speeds 1 Mbps to 10 Gbps. Virtela’s Managed IP VPN Services are supported 24×7 by Virtela’s Global Operations Centers, with skilled engineers leveraging predictive network analytics – VirtelaPredict – to detect 95% of potential issues before they can impact your network health
- Managed Firewall: Virtela offers the full lifecycle of managed firewall services –spanning design, deployment, configuration, tuning, reporting and auditing – to deliver comprehensive firewall security solutions for data center, branch office, cloud and extranets in one million cities.
The flexible platform supports on-premise, cloud or hybrid deployment options, and is multi-vendor by design to leverage your existing investments along with the latest advancements in security technology. The application-aware service includes advanced configuration management, such as port blocking, packet inspection, and application-level blocking
- Mobile device management (MDM): The proliferation of smartphones, tablets, and other mobile computing devices has created challenges for enterprises looking to balance user needs for anywhere, anytime mobile access with strict requirements for device and data security as well as cost management. In addition, the growing variety of device vendors, operating systems, and mobile operators has created further complexities for IT teams seeking a unified approach to mobile device management.
Virtela’s Cloud-based MDM service offloads IT organizations from the arduous task of managing and securing corporate and employee-owned mobile devices (BYOD). With a low monthly fee per device, no upfront charges, rapid service activation, the world’s first SLA for real-time notification, unified management portal, Virtela’s exceptional customer support and many other features, the cloud MDM service offers the best of all worlds in terms of value, performance and customer service
- LAN/WAN Infrastructure Management: Virtela offers advanced 24×7 monitoring and management of customer-owned IT infrastructure on a global scale, leveraging predictive network analytics to identify and detect 95% of potential network issues before they impact network health.
Whether LAN and/or WAN, Virtela monitors and manages the infrastructure for optimal performance and provides extensive reporting on all devices to ensure you have all of the information at your fingertips via the VirtelaView customer portal. We manage LAN and WAN devices such as switches, routers, wireless LAN controllers, wireless access points, hubs, terminating devices, and more from a wide variety of vendors
Knowing the leader behind Virtela, Ron Haigh
Ron, one of the founding team members of Virtela, is president of the company and a member of the board of directors. Ron has an extensive background in developing breakthrough technology solutions in the fields of cloud computing and high performance networking. Prior to Virtela, Ron was a senior member of the technical staff at Qwest and a R&D group leader at Lawrence Livermore National Labs (LLNL). While at Qwest, he drove the industry’s first all-optical network strategy and solution. During his years at LLNL, he led R&D projects for multiple DoE, DoD, and DARPA programs and received DOE’s Award of Excellence. He holds five patents. Ron holds a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin and a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla.
“At Virtela, the team is focused on creating a disruptive model for virtualized network services that transforms enterprise IT architectures via the cloud.”