People should be excited to head to work on Monday — from accountants to engineers, sales reps to customer service agents. Empowered to solve hard problems. Collaborating with their teammates.Enabled to do their best work.
But reality doesn’t measure up. Too often, getting work done is a struggle against an overflowing inbox, endless distractions, and unclear priorities. Our tools haven’t caught up with how we want to work.
That’s why Front is building new ways for teams to communicate and collaborate easily, openly, and with the information we need. So every conversation with a customer, partner, or teammate helps us move faster, make smarter decisions, and learn from each other.
Founded in 2013 by Mathilde Collin and Laurent Perrin and headquartered in San Francisco, CA with global office in Paris, France.
Shared inboxes are just the beginning. The company is bringing together teams, their tools, and their knowledge to advance the way we work. “Because we believe when teams work better together, we all make more happen,” says Front
The values that guide Front
Transparency: Our communication is open, candid, and constructive to foster a culture of trust and integrity.
Care:We strive to be generous and thoughtful in every interaction with each other and our customers.
High Standards: We aim for excellence in everything we do and always go the extra mile for our customers.
Collaboration: Everyone on our team shares in our impact, and we’re better together than we are on our own.
Why front: The best inbox for teamwork
Save time managing accounts in one place
- Group Email Management: Manage email addresses like contact@ and the team@ in organized team inboxes
- Multi-Channel Inbox: Respond to emails, SMS texts, Facebook, Twitter, and website chat, all in Front
- Shared Visibility: See who’s working on what to avoid duplicate replies and dropping the ball on emails
Collaborate in your inbox with your team
- Internal Discussions: Talk to teammates using internal comments in the original email, instead of forwarding or replying-all
- Shared Drafts: Edit the same email together as a team like Google Docs to write better responses
- Assignments: Assign an owner to follow up on every email and incoming message so there’s no confusion
Automate your time-consuming workflows
- Routing Rules: Move and assign emails by round robin or other set criteria to the right person, team, and inbox
- Tagging & Labels: Automatically tag emails based on keywords, client, region, and more to track issues and stay organized
- Canned Responses: Jumpstart replies with saved email response templates and even respond automatically to customers
Take the stress out of scheduling
- Integrated Calendar: Check And Manage Your Calendar Right From Your Inbox — Not In Another Tab Or App
- Smart Scheduling: Insert potential meeting times into emails to allow people to book meetings in one click
- Group Meetings: Seamlessly schedule meetings with multiple teammates and prevent double bookings
Work smarter with inbox analytics
- Email Trends: Gain actionable insights on message volume and issues by customer, time, week, month, and more
- Response Time: Monitor and improve SLAs, first response, and resolution time with customizable reports
- Team Performance: Proactively plan and improve operations with productivity and team performance metrics
Bring all your tools into your inbox
- CRM: Save time creating, accessing, and editing CRM data in Salesforce, HubSpot, and more, directly in Front
- Project Management: Stay in sync with Front’s integrations for Asana, Trello, GitHub, and Jira to create tasks from your inbox
- Integrations & Open API: Easily connect your inbox to 50+ popular apps, plus your own data with its flexible API
The shared inbox that teams love and IT trusts
- Keep your data safe: Admin controls like audit logs and access permissions keep your data secure in Front. SAML Single Sign-On and two-factor authentication help your team log in safely.
- Works with your existing stack: IMAP sync for Gmail and Office 365 make it easy to get started with Front. Adding other channels is simple with SMTP redirects and OAuth for other messaging services.
- Powers your entire organization: Get the added flexibility and admin controls you need to use Front across your company. Easily manage multiple separate user groups with a single Front account.
Greet the founders
Mathilde Collin, Co-founder & CEO:
Everything is Awesome! Everything is cool when you're part of a team!
Laurent Perrin, Co-Founder & CTO:
We've spared no expense!
“We’re changing how teams get work done so they can achieve more together.”