The Key features of Android 5.0 Lollipop
Android has always ruled the market of mobile operating system. Operating system like Apple iOS, Blackberry OS, and Microsoft OS are all leading operating system in the market. But in comparison to Android they still have a long way to go. Most of the mobile consumers go for Android Phone for its user friendly interface and availability of millions of free applications in the Google store.
Just after stepping in the market Android earned a huge popularity. There are many features in Android that is not there in other OS. This is one of the reasons for Android’s success. Google Play is an official app market which contains millions of different apps for android devices. Samsung, HTC, Motorola and many other top manufacturers are using Android in their devices. Currently Android is one of the top operating systems and is considered a serious threat for iPhone.
Even for marketers Google play is their first option to launch their application rather than in Apple or in Microsoft.
Now Android 4.4 Kitkat is upgraded to Android 5.0 lollipop with more adding features. Let’s look at all the highlighting features of this upgraded OS.
- Pick up where you left off:This OS allows you to pick up where we left. So you can always listen to that unfinished song or video, or you can complete the notes anytime you want.
- Multiple device compatibility: It supports with different screen sizes including smartwatches, TVs and cars. It is designed to be flexible so that the viewers get a clear picture in any of its Android gadget.
- Material Design: Lollipop uses Material Design interface across its all device to maintain the consistent in design. This will provide the users with a better experience.
- Updated camera: This upgrade makes it easier to support features like burst mode and fine settings tuning. Users will be able to capture full resolution frames around 30fps, and shoot in raw formats like YUV and Bayer RAW. Lollipop also supports HD 4K video playback, tunneled video for high quality video playback on Android TV and improved streaming. It has professional feature to control settings for the sensor, lens and flash per individual frame.
- Battery settings: Like Microsoft, Android has also now in built power saver application. It extends the life of the device by 90 minutes. It also tells you the estimated time the phone will run on the charge and the time the phone will take to be completely 100%.
- Improved security: With the new upgrade the users can share with a guest mode securely. They can also create multiple user accounts to enable friends to log in to your device. Google has enforced the SELinux security module for all apps to give better protection against vulnerabilities and malware.
- Updated notifications screen: No need to open the notification anymore. Through the new upgrade you can reply on the lock screen. By turning the priority mode the users can allow only certain people and notifications to get through.
- New Quick Settings: The updates quick setting has new added features such as flashlight, hotspot, screen rotation and cast screen controls. In the new android device the user can manually adjust the brightness for certain conditions, while adaptive brightness will kick in based on ambient lighting.
- Smoother experience: Google uses a new runtime on Android to enhance app performance, battery life and responsiveness. This will improve android performance by 4 times. There’s also support for 64-bit chips now.
- Tap and Go: Android was always horrible when it comes to transferring of data from old to new phone. Tap and Go is just a small step to resolve this. The users can NFC and the old Android phone will then use Bluetooth to send over all the details of what your phone should have installed over to the new phone.
- Pin Apps: Lollipop has a new feature that adds a pin to each card in the multitasking view.
There are also minor changes in camera, video etc. With the new upgrade, the users will have a smooth experience along with better performance and long battery life.