Twitch is a popular platform that allows users to stream live videos of things that interest them. While most people think of Twitch as a live streaming platform, you can also stream pre-recorded videos here. Which is better for a number of reasons: maybe you don't have enough reliable internet for live streaming, or you just want to make sure everything goes perfectly and without a hitch.
If you want to share a pre-recorded video with your Twitch subscribers, you can easily stream it through Twitch. Streaming pre-recorded videos is one way to showcase game moments or share your creative content with a wide audience. Here are the steps you need to follow to stream a pre-recorded video on Twitch:
- Create a Twitch account. If you don't already have a Twitch account, you need to create one. Go to Twitch.tv and sign up by following the prompts to enter your information.
- Download OBS. OBS (Open Broadcast Software) is a free tool that can be used to stream pre-recorded videos on Twitch. Download OBS and follow the installation prompts.
- Set up OBS. Once OBS is installed, open it and click on the "Settings" button. From there, select the "Stream" tab and choose "Twitch" as your streaming platform.
- Step 4: Add your pre-recorded video to OBS.To add your pre-recorded video to OBS, select the "Add" button under the "Source" section. Choose "Media Source" and select your pre-recorded video from your computer.
- Adjust the settings. After adding your pre-recorded video to OBS, you can adjust the settings to personalize your stream. You can adjust the size and position of the video, add audio effects, and more.
- Start streaming. Once you have set up OBS and adjusted the settings, it\'s time to stream your pre-recorded video. Click on "Stream" to start broadcasting your video on Twitch.
There are also many popular software products for broadcasting pre-recorded videos. Here are the best of them:
- OBS Studio is free, open-source software that allows you to stream video from your computer. With OBS Studio, you can add sources like webcam footage, browser windows, and more. To stream a pre-recorded video on Twitch with OBS Studio, all you need to do is add the video as a source and start streaming.
- XSplit is a paid piece of software that’s similar to OBS Studio, but with some additional features. One of those features is the ability to stream pre-recorded videos. With XSplit, you can add your pre-recorded video as a source and stream it just like you would stream any other video. Services If you don’t want to use software to stream your pre-recorded video on Twitch.
- Gyre - is a tool for content creators to launch looped pre-recorded live videos. You don't need to register or provide access to your YouTube account. Simply upload your video to the Gyre server and stream it from there.
- Restream is a service that allows you to stream to multiple platforms at once, including Twitch. To stream a pre-recorded video on Twitch with Restream, you’ll need to upload your video to Restream and then use Restream to stream it to Twitch.
- Streamlabs is a free service that allows you to create overlays and alerts for your streams, but it also has a feature for streaming pre-recorded videos. With Streamlabs, you can upload your video and then use the Streamlabs software to stream it on Twitch.
Streaming a pre-recorded video on Twitch is a great way to reach a larger audience and share your content with your followers. By following the steps above, you can easily set up OBS and start streaming your pre-recorded video content. With software like OBS Studio and XSplit, or services like Restream and Streamlabs, it’s easy to stream your pre-recorded video to Twitch. Whether you’re looking to test the waters with pre-recorded content or you’re a seasoned streamer looking to experiment with new content types, pre-recorded video on Twitch is a great option.