>>
Industry>>
Media and entertainment>>
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle...Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning to move back to the UK from California later this month, with their children enrolled in a British school for September.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are set to return to the UK later this month, six years after they stepped back from royal duties and relocated to California. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, along with their children Prince Archie, 7, and Princess Lilibet, 5, will move to a private, non-royal residence outside London for an extended period.
King Charles was informed of the move on Sunday, August 16, and while the King welcomes the opportunity to see more of the Sussex family in a private and personal capacity, there are no current plans for Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working royals.
"The King was unaware of the move before last weekend but he welcomes the opportunity to see more of the Sussex family in a private and personal capacity," a source confirmed to BBC News.
A Thaw in Family Relations
The planned return follows a significant visit in July, when the family met King Charles and Queen Camilla at High grove House. The meeting was the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years, and marked a key development in what had been strained family relations. However, the couple's move was not discussed during that visit.
Security Concerns Remain Unresolved
Security has long been a point of tension for the couple. Prince Harry lost a legal challenge over the decision to downgrade his taxpayer-funded police protection after he stopped being a working royal. Harry had previously said that worries about safety have prevented him from bringing his wife and children to the UK. Prior to the July visit, Harry had even reconsidered the trip because his request for police protection was rejected.
"The Duke continues to explore every available option to enable the visit to proceed safely and to give his children the opportunity to enjoy the U.K.," a spokesperson said ahead of the July trip.
What's Next for the Sussexes?
The couple will remain private individuals and non-working royals, and there will be no change to their official status. They are expected to continue their business and philanthropic activities. Their children are enrolled to start at a British school in September.
Here is the question this return raises. Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are moving back to the UK after six years, but their security concerns remain unresolved and they will not resume royal duties. When the rift within a family is played out on the world stage, can a return to the same country truly signal a fresh start?
As the Sussexes prepare for their return, The Silicon Review asks a final question. When the couple's security and status remain uncertain, what will it take for them to rebuild their lives in the UK?
FAQ:
Q: When are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle moving back to the UK?
A: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are planning to move back to the UK later this month, August 2026, six years after relocating to California.
Q: Where will Prince Harry and Meghan live in the UK?
A: The couple will move to a private, non-royal residence outside London, rather than a royal residence.
Q: Will Prince Harry and Meghan resume royal duties?
A: No, there are no current plans for Prince Harry or Meghan to resume their roles as working royals. They will remain private individuals and non-working members of the royal family.
Q: Have Prince Harry and Meghan's security concerns been resolved?
A: No, the issue of security remains unresolved. Prince Harry previously lost a legal challenge over the decision to downgrade his taxpayer-funded police protection.
Q: What was the reaction of King Charles to the move?
A: King Charles was informed of the move on Sunday, August 16, and he welcomes the opportunity to see more of the Sussex family in a private and personal capacity.
Comments